A couple questions about my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfairy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so as I said in my other post I picked up my 55 gallon tank today. I have a couple questions though that I want to post here in case no one sees it on the other tread.

My first question is that the tank of course has some mineral deposits on the glass since it is used. What is the best way to clean that off? I know it probably won't look as bad once filled with water but I need to clean it anway before I use it.

My second question is do you think it would cause any problems if I painted the trim on the tank? It is currently wood grain but I prefer black. Again, this isn't a huge deal either and I could live with it, but what do you think would be the easiest way to paint it if I can?

White vinegar and a razor blade should take care of the water stains. I dont see why you couldn't paint the trim if you wanted just be sure to tape well.

I painted all the trim on my tank. It looks really good. You really don't even have to be very neat because all you have to do to clean up is after it dries, come back with a razor blade and scrape the paint off where you don't want it.

Razor blades will also take off the mineral deposits. Along with anything else in the way. (Silicone, paint, algea, ect ect)

Back
Top Bottom