Afraid I screwed up AGAIN!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I am new to fish, so I am making my share of mistakes.

I got a betta in a 1.5 gallon filtered tank, then read that it was too small.

So I got a 5 Gallon Marineland Eclipse since it is supposed to have a really good filter.

The mistake is that I ordered 5 pygmy cories on the internet...do you guys think that a small female betta and 5 pygmy cories in a 5 gallon would be way overboard?

Thanks in advance for your help!

So I got a 5 Gallon Marineland Eclipse since it is supposed to have a really good filter.

The mistake is that I ordered 5 pygmy cories on the internet...do you guys think that a small female betta and 5 pygmy cories in a 5 gallon would be way overboard?

Depends on how often you want to be changing water? The more you change the more you can stock. For average water maintenance thats way too much.

I keep a larger group of pygmeus cories than that in a 5g and they are all fine and frisky.

another thing is you have to worry about is the betta. some bettas will attack other fish shrimp snails some wont.

Try it. You wont know till you try. Test your water frequently untill you make a decision. Also, you could keep the corys in the 5g and let it cycle out and then once things are stable, add the betta. Ive kept bettas with corys and since they dont mess with other fish he didnt even register they were there. Whats the worst that can happen? Fish are about the only bloodsport you can still have these days... :) lol

My betta ripped a honey gourami apat and now flares up at everything. he's isolated now. I find every betta has a different personality

Back
Top Bottom