Are all these fish compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platybreeder26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a question. Are all these fish compatible and is this a good choice for my new 55 gallon freshwater tank. plz dont tell me to use aq advisor already checked and they dont have muc on compatability.
Is the tank overstocked?

4 male guppies
1 honey gourami
2 male mickey mouse platies
4 female mickey mouse platies
1 bristlenose pleco
5 red cherry shrimp
1 apple snail.

Looks fine to me. I would bump up the shrimp so they can begin a colony and give them lots of hiding places as they can become a snack for fish.

IMHO you still have some room to work with.

Be prepared for lots of fry as guppies and platy are livebearers.

Caleb

thnks

Thanks, but how many shrimp do I need for a collony to form? , also do you have any advice for using breeder boxes? I wish to breed the guppies and platys, and give some of the babies to my science teacher for his tank.

Thanks, but how many shrimp do I need for a collony to form? , also do you have any advice for using breeder boxes? I wish to breed the guppies and platys, and give some of the babies to my science teacher for his tank.

Well being livebearers it won't take long for you to have quite a few babies.

I'd start off with minimum 10 shrimp.

Caleb

A successful shrimp colony relies heavily on providing plenty of cover that the fish can't penetrate, such as moss and quite a lot of it. Baby shrimp will be eaten, but not all will be and the colony will grow. It does help to start off with 10-20 shrimp and expect some losses. My main display tank is very heavily planted and heavily stocked with fish but there are well over 200 shrimp. The numbers seem have reached a natural balance.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom