artificial plant source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AgilityIG

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are there any particular brand/company that makes nice looking artificial plants? I need a few more plants for my 50. I am really not fond of plastic even though I have a few. I mostly have fabric plants.

honestly couldnt help you on fabric plants cuz they just freak me out, but if you want some plastic ones,i got a killer deal on ebay from a company in hong kong that are awesome!!

I have silk plants from the $1 store, and they are just fine. I took off all the parts that had metal in them, soaked them in water for a few days to make sure they didn't leech dye into the water, and put them in the tank. My guppies, bettas and dwarf gourami love them!
Here is a site I found that has a good plant selection. The Penn Plax ones are my favorite just because of the solid, heavy bottoms, not the kind you fill with sand or gravel, they're crappy. ;)
Plastic Plants and Silk Plants for Aquariums at ThatFishPlace.com

Thanks dkpate - I'll have to check them out!

CA BroncoFan - I now have to ask what "freaks you out" about fabric plants :wink:

you just have to be careful. they have many that look more like aquatic plants then that crappy plastic ones out there.

you just have to be careful. they have many that look more like aquatic plants then that crappy plastic ones out there.

What do you do with the plants you buy at Michaels? Do you do like dkpate and remove the metal (or is there metal in them?). I have a Michael's not too far from my house - I'll have to look on the way home from work today.

I just got a catalog from Big Al's and I couldn't believe how many fake plants they have.

Thanks! I'll get a catalog from them. I placed an order for my Python through Foster/Smith and am not happy with their shipping methods - FedEx via the post office and it takes about a week (they are in Wisconsin - I am in Iowa - the package has already gone from WI to Kansas - should be here Wednesday). They have some nice plants in their catalog, but not sure I want to order through them if they are always going to ship like that.

What do you do with the plants you buy at Michaels? Do you do like dkpate and remove the metal (or is there metal in them?). I have a Michael's not too far from my house - I'll have to look on the way home from work today.
i use live plants. they should have some with out any metal in there but if there is you can remove it too.

I just went to Michaels - they had some plants that looked good, but I am pretty sure they had wire in them. The stems could be bent and stayed in place - like a plastic coated wire. I guess I'll wait for my catalog from Big Al's.

Back
Top Bottom