Automated feeder for a vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olegdulin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We are going away for three days, just wondering what is a recommended automated feeder ?

I don't trust those dissolvable piramids...

Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just feed them heavy the day before, do a wc day of and light feed... don't worry about it, 3 day fast will be fine, actually good way to clear out their systems..

Ok and generally speaking - if I were to go away for a week, what is a good approach ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a friend pop in to check once mid week??
Edit- from accounts on this forumn.. A week of no attention us doable..

Just feed them heavy the day before, do a wc day of and light feed... don't worry about it, 3 day fast will be fine, actually good way to clear out their systems..
Brookster's spot on. No need to worry about feeding. Most but not all tank sitters do more harm than good!!!

Brookster's spot on. No need to worry about feeding. Most but not all tank sitters do more harm than good!!!
so true.. Detailed directions and pre portioned food in papers bundles or foil wrapped freezer packs.. Hide the supply!!! People think fish have bottomless bellies...

so true.. Detailed directions and pre portioned food in papers bundles or foil wrapped freezer packs.. Hide the supply!!! People think fish have bottomless bellies...
I done that and still came home to a green tank, with 3 floaters in it. That was only after 10days!!!!

Back
Top Bottom