Beta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eny97

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking to get a beta for my tank but I'm worried it might attack the other fish.
I currently have:
3 ghost shrimp
3 peppered Cory cats
2 black mollies
3 platties
2 black kuhli loaches
3 fancy guppies(7 fry will be moved in once matured)
as well as a plant and some decorations
Will the fish be safe with a beta or no?

What size tank would they be in and are you looking for a male or female beta?

That's kind of a tough call. The thing you have to be most mindful of is making sure he has his own territory otherwise he will constantly be defending his space and that could stress him out. You might not have a problem with the shrimp, I'm just worried about all of the other fish being in there with him. I personally wouldn't do it, but maybe someone else on her will be able to help you more or have better advice for you!

Thanks for the help. I had also forgotten about my danios which like to swim a lover the place and a beta probably wouldn't like them too much

I wouldn't think so. But like I said, Someone else might have more information for you. Personally though, I think that is too much going on for a male betta in one tank. Maybe if it were a larger tank it would be different. Good Luck though! I hope you are able to get a good answer soon!

That thought had occurred to me but the fish seem fine as of right now. I plan on getting a 55g tank and building a water bridge between the two.

Yes you've definitely got more fish than can thrive in there already. Welcome to the addiction! It's good that they're surviving but they're likely under a lot of stress and won't really thrive, so keep up on huge weekly water changes and move quickly to that great idea for the bigger tank!

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom