betta behaviour with filter + PHOTOS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annnie

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betta has been in his newly cycled tank for a couple of days now.. and this is the first time hes been with a filter.

He spends his water filter time:

*swimming to the bottom of the tank and swimming as fast as he can to the top of the filter and sits ontop of it.. for maybe 30 seconds and then might try again but facing the other way.

*swims up to the filter and stares at the current (which is going down to the bottom of the tank) then jumps into it and gets carried down to the bottom fast.

* swims up to the bubble wand and actually jumps out of the water over it. (planning to video this)

and all this time i was worried he wouldnt like the filter and he seems to be having a wonderful time with it haha.

has anyone else seen this behaviour? this is my first pet fish.. so i found it pretty funny :)

img_1026607_0_468bfa074af08a9fedb539b1db7330bf.jpg

him swimming over to the filter

img_1026607_1_45669cda04aa646cae09a64b170398de.jpg

him sitting on the filter (at first i thought he had gotten stuck.. but as soon as he saw me looking at him he just simply wiggled his body and got off.. plus he's done this so many times now)

img_1026607_2_bf5cb358d4229b8d8486afe7203d5bfc.jpg

the bubble wand he jumps over

I have noticed that my betta loves to squeeze over through and around things. I have a filter with a directional stream, plants and several driftwood pieces and rocks. When ever I move them I see her getting into every new part of the obstacle course. And many of the books suggest they aren't very active fish?!

Back
Top Bottom