Bottom feeding fish ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hbbambislayer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Flourite substrate so Cory's are out looking for ideas for a bottom eatting fish for my 55 gallon community tank probably gonna get a Pleco of some sort but like he idea of having active feeding type fish

Have you thought about Koolie loaches or Rams or maybe even Kribensis cichlids. They all stay at the bottom thirds of the aquarium and will feed off the bottom. I have kept Kribenis before and they are spectacular fish that only get about 3 inches female and 4 inches male and they are not too aggressive except during spawning and then they should be fine as long as there are no other fish that like to hang at the bottom

+1 for rams I love mine. I have 2 GBRs and 2 Bolivians they are amazing to watch

I thought about kuhlis and bolivians would the kuhlis be ok with the flourite substrate it aint the doothest stuff around

I've kept kuhlis in flourites substrate without problems. If you offer them hiding areas, they won't burrow and shouldn't get scratched. Otocinclus would be a good algae eater.

Back
Top Bottom