Can i have some advice pleaasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bisonbauer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Basically I have wanted a fish tank for months, I have finally found a good time to get the tank and it is in a 'fishless' cycle. I am aware it's to get the water safe for fish And good bacteria's and things to develop. I have done research regarding fish, cleaning the tank and i have had some basic advice regarding treatment for the water and temperatures. I am starting to get a bit worried as to why the water has gone a slightly yellow/green colour in a short period of time and I need to know If I had missed a step when setting up the tank or if there is anything I can do to help it. Thanks

Is it near a window with lots of sunlight or are the tank lights on all the time? You might have an algae bloom.

Is it near a window with lots of sunlight or are the tank lights on all the time? You might have an algae bloom.

Thanks for replying. I don't think this is the problem or at least the causes of the problem. There isn't much direct sunlight to the tank as it is against the wall next to the window rather than in front of it somewhere. Also the light isn't on that often at all atm. It seemed to spring up over night

Hmm...

Is it yellowish greenish, or milky white? Since this is a fishless cycle you don't really need to turn the lights on at all, so you could just leave them off.

:welcome: to Aquarium Advice!

Hmm...

Is it yellowish greenish, or milky white? Since this is a fishless cycle you don't really need to turn the lights on at all, so you could just leave them off.

:welcome: to Aquarium Advice!

It is a yellowish green. Ok I will leave them off for now as I don't have plants either. Is there an easy way of cleaning the water or shall I just change the water

Do you have pics? Is it the water that is tinted or is it a film on the surfaces?

image-3567176541.jpg

I have this picture. It is slightly exaggerated as I used a filter because this picture was for a friend. I am not currently at the residence of the tank and so this is the best I can do at the moment. It is a tint. At first I thought it was the black background and the yellow sand that was the problem but I have taken out a sample and there is a visible difference between it and tap water at a small scale

Back
Top Bottom