Can you change gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

domsmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm assuming everyone at some point would decide to change the decor in their tank... If you decide to do that, what are some rules or tips? Take out fish? Do u have to re cycle? Does it bother the fish? Not going to tackle this project just yet, but been thinking about it often. Wanted to get some advice on it first!
Thanks! :)

I did it once and took out the fish when I did it I put them in one of my other tanks. It may stress them a little and I didn't cycle it again. I did check the levels though.

domsmom said:
I'm assuming everyone at some point would decide to change the decor in their tank... If you decide to do that, what are some rules or tips? Take out fish? Do u have to re cycle? Does it bother the fish? Not going to tackle this project just yet, but been thinking about it often. Wanted to get some advice on it first!
Thanks! :)

I've done this when I redid my 12g and my 8g. I took out everything, the fish, the decorations, the plants, everything. IMO its much less stressful and much easier to do. I actually have a thread on this, let me look it up for you. My tanks didn't have a mini cycle or anything, it just kept the same.

I think I'm the only person in the forum that only has one tank! Lol I think I need another one! :)
Thanks !!

I think I'm the only person in the forum that only has one tank! Lol I think I need another one! :)
Thanks !!

Right? That's how it works. And now I'm obsessed with the water parameters in five tanks. AND I can't wait for the sixth!

I def need a separate breeder tank! My mm platy has had two batches of fry. They do ok in their nursery but some started finding their way out! So we went from 22 to 7! :( makes me a lil mad... Lol
We have one 10 gallon, good starter size I guess. But it's officially full, so no new fish for me for a while! Lol :)

Back
Top Bottom