cherry shrimp with eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
ive just noticed one of the 8 cherry shrimp i purchased has eggs under her tail yay:D so excited as ive never had shrimp untill i purchased this lot. So i guess im asking if theres anything i should do since she is in my community tank? do u remove them into a breeding trap before they have the babies to prevent the other fish eating them? i do have plants and java mos places to hide in the tank, just wondering ewhat would be best? also i posted another thread on here to get some advice on my new bn pleco addition to the tank with no reply? any advice would be muchly appreciated.

Chances are any fish will eat the shrimplets ... You could try putting the one in a breeding trap for now. If it's a heavily enough planted tank with lots of hiding places some are bouund to survive. As for the BN pleco, should do fine In a community tank.

jcolon said:
Chances are any fish will eat the shrimplets ... You could try putting the one in a breeding trap for now. If it's a heavily enough planted tank with lots of hiding places some are bouund to survive. As for the BN pleco, should do fine In a community tank.

I hope some survive I think ill leave them in there for now then and see how they go. I just noticed another with eggs so some ought o make it thanks :)

If you're intent on having some shrimplets survive, a breeding net is pretty much required... Even with an entire carpet of java moss, your fish will find and make a quick meal out of the majority of them, if not all of them. Baby shrimp are VERY TINY and very edible. :p

caykuu said:
If you're intent on having some shrimplets survive, a breeding net is pretty much required... Even with an entire carpet of java moss, your fish will find and make a quick meal out of the majority of them, if not all of them. Baby shrimp are VERY TINY and very edible. :p

hmmm maybe breeding net is best then i do want some to survive

Back
Top Bottom