Cleaning tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maddness

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How much water do I have to take out and how much conditioner do I put in when cleaning my tank ? It's a 50 g and the conditioner is prime.

How much water do I have to take out and how much conditioner do I put in when cleaning my tank ? It's a 50 g and the conditioner is prime.
First of all, welcome to AA. :welcome:
I do 50% weekly, I have a fully stocked 55g. With the Prime, you can either dose the whole tank after you remove but before you add the new water. If your using buckets, dose each one before adding. 5ml declors 200ltrs(50g). So with a bit of maths, 2.5ml does 100ltrs, 1.25ml does 50ltrs etc etc. At the moment I use 20ltr containers and use a syringe to add the Prime to the container. I got some 1ml syringes from my local vet!!!......

Thanks for the info. So if I take out let's say 10 g I should only put in like a quarter of the cap of prime right ?

depends on how you change the water, if you are using buckets then only putting water conditioner in the buckets works fine, but if you are using a water changer (aqueon or python) then its best to add enough water conditioner for the entire tank prior to adding any water.

Back
Top Bottom