Cleaning the inside glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopeGR

Aquarium Advice Activist
Could someone tell me how I can successfully clean the inside of the glass? I bought one of these but it's too bulky https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000255NH8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought a glass scrapper but that does nothing. I even bought one with a sponge and scrapper on each opposite side and still not helpful. I have resulted in using that with a paper towel that does the job. I saw at one pet store where the person cleaning the tanks that day used a Mr. Clean magic sponge! Isn't that full of chemicals? What do you use?

We have a few different things, but the one cheap item that works the best is a dish brush. One of those untreated kind on a handle for hand washing dishes. The bristle kind, not the sponge. We have a sponge one too, but the bristles work better imo on tough algae etc

We also have a regular old untreated dish sponge, with an abrasive cloth side, for cleaning under the lids where algae builds up due to the lights, or where I inadvertently fling food that sticks

Back
Top Bottom