Coming back to the hobby after 4 years(questions)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dstephen

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys,

after my life has settled down after having to get rid of my first aquarium, I’m thinking of starting back up finally. I can’t go as big as I had before(37G), due to apartment policy. My limit is 5 big ones.

So my question is, how hard will it be for me to keep a 5 gallon planted tank after 1: being away from the hobby so long, and 2: coming a much bigger tank?

I understand the bigger the tank, the easier to keep manage water parameters. Just looking for suggestions.

Thanks

I'd start with the empty tank, add rinsed substrate, fill tank, full change, fill tank, full change, then cycle, then get a small school (6 tops).

Hey guys,

after my life has settled down after having to get rid of my first aquarium, I’m thinking of starting back up finally. I can’t go as big as I had before(37G), due to apartment policy. My limit is 5 big ones.

So my question is, how hard will it be for me to keep a 5 gallon planted tank after 1: being away from the hobby so long, and 2: coming a much bigger tank?

I understand the bigger the tank, the easier to keep manage water parameters. Just looking for suggestions.

Thanks

Okay now it is a 10 gallon. A little better

Im glad about the 10 gallon.:dance:

I have a 10 gallon and have a peaceful community. I have 2 live plants. And I have a pre-filter ( I never had or heard of a pre-filter till this time around) and some fish. I like it. I have a 10-30 Aqua Clear Filter as well. I will work on getting a pic.:fish1::fish1::fish1:

Im glad about the 10 gallon.:dance:

I have a 10 gallon and have a peaceful community. I have 2 live plants. And I have a pre-filter ( I never had or heard of a pre-filter till this time around) and some fish. I like it. I have a 10-30 Aqua Clear Filter as well. I will work on getting a pic.:fish1::fish1::fish1:

Nice! I’m planning on planting this thing really heavily hopefully.

20210314_200330(2).jpg

See if this works??:hide:

Edit: it worked but the pic is not very good.

Back
Top Bottom