Dwarf African Frog - Which Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackSpadesSI

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a 10-gallon tank with several fish and one Dwarf African Frog. My LFS told me that the frog eats fish flakes... but I suspect they're wrong. The website Aquarium Wiki recommends feeding them Tetra Prima (I assume this is a sinking food?). However, my LFS doesn't sell Tetra Prima.

Please recommend me a food to feed the little guy - one that is common enough for any LFS to carry. For the time being, so he doesn't starve, I'm feeding him brine shrimp. But, that's really messy and I'd prefer to get some kind of dry sinking granule as soon as possible.

Thanks!

I am feeding mine Wardley Shrimp Pellets. They don't sink on their own, I have to put them on the bottom with my hand. But, they stay on the bottom and they aren't messy.

Thanks for the feedback, but I'm hoping for some kind of granule that sinks on its own. Anything like that out there for frogs?

Use a little oral syringe (w/o needle of course :)) and put some frozen blood worms and tank water then put it in front of its face and squeeze VERY gently. They really eat those like mad. They will eat a chip of frozen blood worms about the size of a penny. Every other day feed them. They shed skin so don't be surprised if you see a little clear "ghost frog" floating about (that's the skin) :) have fun :)

Back
Top Bottom