Eclipse Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

06Honda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Looking at starting a species only tank of white cloud minnows. This is my first ever aquarium other than a single betta in a 2 gallon. My local petsmart sells arcylic aquariums made by Eclipse. Would a eclipse system 12 work for a small number of white clouds, does anyone own this type of setup. The only thing I have thought about is if the filter dies can it be replaced? Thanks for any input.
Eclipse System 12 Aquarium by Marineland - Aquariums - PetSmart

Good and bad things about the eclipse line. I ran one for 1.5 years (system 12) with no issues.

The bad things to be aware of:
Acrylic tanks scratch very easily
Some people have had eclipses split right down the middle
If the filter goes bad, you have to replace it through the manufacturer.

The good:
All inclusive - it's all in the hood and nice and tidy

Also consider you could setup a standard 10g tank with quality equipment for around the same price.

Good points for sure, yes maybe a standard glass tank setup would serve me better long term.

I have never gone to acrylic after seeing an acrylic tank after it had been running a while. VERY scratched up.. I think they look very tidy with everything all inclusive, but prefer to be able to pick and choose my own equipment as I like different things from different companies

Walmart had a 10G kit new for $30 when I was there the other day, then just get a AC20 filter if you want or when the cheap one thats included dies. It had screw in bulbs that you can swap for CFL's to grow live plants if you want also. Dont even need a heater with white clouds as long as its in your house(not too hot either)

Eclipse Tank

Great points, I will look at glass instead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom