External canister filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmag

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have a question about external canister filters I have a fluval 02 ...I believe it's super old about like 13 years and I was looking to buy a new one I was looking at the Marineland one. I watched pondguru's (I don't know if anyone's ever heard of him) video on YouTube about external filters and he says you just need 1 coarse 1 medium and 1 fine filter pads and then fill the rest of the container with bio home mini ultra or I heard seachems matrix was good.

Can someone just tell me if that's right or not? Or If I should do that?

I'm a newbie so I get extremely confused about all of it.

Right now I have 2 coarse pads, 2 fine pads, fluval carbon in the pack, fluval ceramic media.

Thank you!

-Katie

Hi I have a question about external canister filters I have a fluval 02 ...I believe it's super old about like 13 years and I was looking to buy a new one I was looking at the Marineland one. I watched pondguru's (I don't know if anyone's ever heard of him) video on YouTube about external filters and he says you just need 1 coarse 1 medium and 1 fine filter pads and then fill the rest of the container with bio home mini ultra or I heard seachems matrix was good.

Can someone just tell me if that's right or not? Or If I should do that?

I'm a newbie so I get extremely confused about all of it.

Right now I have 2 coarse pads, 2 fine pads, fluval carbon in the pack, fluval ceramic media.

Thank you!

-Katie

Here's my setup on my 304 from bottom to top
Bottom tray: ceramic rings
Middle tray: 1/2 ceramic rings, 1/2 polyfill
Top tray: 1/2 Matrix, 1/2 polyfill

Works excellent, go for a fluval you won't regret it. Look on craigslist you can usually find one in great shape for under $100

Back
Top Bottom