Few more questions about stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 46 gallon bow front tank that is done with the cycling process and I was wondering about stocking it with African cichlids (not sure what kind whatever petco stocks) so the first question is if they are only about 4 inches long grown is 15-20 to many I have two marineland hob 350 running on it and am willing to do the pwc that are required. My second question is what else can I put in with them sharks, eels, snails, plecos or what to eat Algae?

Hi,

I don't know a lot about Africans but I think that sounds like a bit too many. I also think that Petco has cichlids from different lakes, so make sure to do your research! :)

As for other fish, IMO no shark could go in there, but I think Gboy keeps a peacock eel with his fish.

You could also do a BN pleco.

Just my opinion. Good luck! (y)

Well I was just wondering cause I have a tank ready for fish but not sure what to go with also thought about some barbs or even angel fish?

Most barbs are nippy and Angelfish will not like that.

The only barb that I have personally kept with Angelfish successfully with is the Cherry Barbs. I had a nip or two here and there, but overall they did great. On the other hand though, I've seen some cases where some cherry barbs were super nippy. I guess it really all depends on the individual fishes personality.

I would do a single angelfish, a small no nippy schooling fish like some types of tetra and a bottom feeder like khuli loaches, yoyo loaches or cory catfish.

The only barbs I would do with angelfish that would fit in that tank are cherry barbs. All other barbs are too nippy or too big to be kept with an angel IMO.

I am just trying to figure out what I want to go with I like the colors of cichlids just don't like the lack of other fish I can put with them

There are a few peaceful cichlids you can put with them. Keyholes, GBRs, bolivian rams, apistos, golden dwarf acaras.

You can put quite a few different colorful fish with angels :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom