Finally!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally have my tank running!!:D Will start to cycle in the next couple of days, so be ready for more questions! It was a fun day aquascaping....I can see already I will be forever changing things around!! I totally over bought stuff.

I have a quick question though. I have a glass top, and with my bubble stone it is nothing but a steamy mess and full of splashing water. Does that mean my water is too high, or is that just how it is, or do I need a smaller stone?

Here are a bunch of pics :D

img_1320068_0_042c08b919a6b5c8f4c9d72679cec137.jpg

img_1320068_1_47caa9d59d7fd714d6274871abb0fd8a.jpg

img_1320068_2_0cd4dc95b33297790f529cc281a83c3a.jpg

img_1320068_3_e140ea533d3d215a0be5ce08f9c9edb4.jpg

img_1320068_4_bb2f303c1113884a79e2226edb7eea90.jpg

you could try lowering the water level a little to see if it helps, or if the pump isn't adjustable you could put a small clamp on the airline to slightly reduce the amount of air from the pump. nice tank. well done!!.

Pete

Nice setup you have there Fishy!

I get some splashing on my glass top for my 20g, and always have drops of water on the plastic of my 10g Aqueon hood. It will always be that way.

I fill my tank a smidgen past the top of the glass walls. If you let the water go below that often, then you'll end up with hard water buildup on the top of the glass. If you're filling yours up that far too, you should be OK.

Fishy123 said:
I finally have my tank running!!:D Will start to cycle in the next couple of days, so be ready for more questions! It was a fun day aquascaping....I can see already I will be forever changing things around!! I totally over bought stuff.

I have a quick question though. I have a glass top, and with my bubble stone it is nothing but a steamy mess and full of splashing water. Does that mean my water is too high, or is that just how it is, or do I need a smaller stone?

Here are a bunch of pics :D

That's a great looking tank! I think it's normal for the airstone to splash the water at the surface and get on the lid. It can cause deposits on the glass over time, so take it off and wipe it down occasionally. Also, during a cycle the more bubbles the better. It can be a good idea to lower the water level during the process to have the filter splash into the water and create even more surface agitation.

I'm glad you know about cycling. Going fishless I hope? Check out the link in my signature for some tips. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom