Finally got fish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hbbambislayer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got fish in tank today, I'll take some pictures later this week, 7 cardinal tetras, 5 female guppies,2 male guppies, 2 red wag platys, 1 rainbow shark, 1 bristle nose Pleco, 3 boesemani rainbows, 4 ottos

Got fish in tank today, I'll take some pictures later this week, 7 cardinal tetras, 5 female guppies,2 male guppies, 2 red wag platys, 1 rainbow shark, 1 bristle nose Pleco, 3 boesemani rainbows, 4 ottos

Nice stock.. What size tank and what gender are the platys? You'll have guppy babies soon but the rainbows and the shark will eat most of them

55 gallon not sure on the platys, 1 of the female guppies is about to pop out some baby's she's huge

55 gallon not sure on the platys, 1 of the female guppies is about to pop out some baby's she's huge

Haha nice.. On the bottom of the platys behind their bellies they either have a fin ( like a fan) female or a rod like organ which will be a male.. Like your guppies if you're wondering how to sex them

Looks like 1 of each to me

Babies from then as well soon! At first they're cute but if they survive, they're a pain because once you get them all in new homes or a different tank and everything's fine.. They give birth again.. I bought a male Molly and a female about 2 years ago and I've only just gotten rid of all their generations about 1 month ago... All descending from the original 2, luckly they weren't deformed.. Good luck!

Thanks, can you offer some feeding advice for my stock

I'd just say regular, high quality flake food.. I use tetra. For the bottom dwellers and algae eaters, the pleco and ottos, give them algae wafers as a substitute to algae which they'll eat all day.

Thanks, can you offer some feeding advice for my stock

Also maybe treat them to some frozen food like blood worms that you can buy in ice cubes and you just pop one or two in the tank.. Only a treat maybe once a week or two weeks ... They love them and helps keep their colours up

Yes took 27 days ugh lol but was good experience if I do anther tank(reef) had lots of help here with getting it properly cycled

Back
Top Bottom