First time with a new betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigRedsReefs10

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got the urge to start a tank for the first time in a while back, and picked up a betta today. Gonna be scaping it with a some spider wood and a few rocks and a few Anubias nana. I know it can be hit or miss but was wondering what you guys thought about adding some shrimp in with him. Can get about 20-30 off a friend of mine and was basically wondering if you guys thought they’d be able to hide in amongst the spider wood and plants enough to establish themselves and would that be to much in a 10g? Thanks in advance and it’s good to be back.

My bettas always hunted and killed shrimp. I never tried starting out with a large group of shrimp though.

Ya that’s kinda what I was thinking between the large number and lots of hiding spaces and they may be able to escape

bKfvELx.jpg

Hello!

Yeah, Bettas are odd, some seem to be fine for months with tank mates and then one day, its death and destruction everywhere - out of nowhere. In my own experience it has happened, have read many accounts of similar.

In my thoughts, the Betta is usually curious about the tank mates. Never would put in with valuable shrimp.

Also maybe add shrimp after a good feeding for the Betta and right at lights out for the night so they can hide.

Ya plans changed and returned the betta. Want to concentrate on the shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom