Fishless Cycle Log/Rebuild - Take II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep it up Libraygirl!

Thanks Jimmy! I got the mods to change my username to what it was supposed to be: libraRygirl (somehow the second "r" didn't get typed in when I registered :lol:). I hated libraygirl, made no sense to me lol It's great they changed it for me lol

I'll test again tonight and see what happens. I look forward to these tests so much now it's crazy. If nothing happens though I'm going to have a mental breakdown lol

Well a bit more movement :)

Ammonia: 0.5 (down again from 1 last night)
Nitrite: 0 (ugh the purple continues to elude me, I want to pull my hair out. It's a vendetta now)
Nitrate: between 0 and 0.25 (not quite golden yellow, not quite orange)

I'm going to redose to 3-4 and see what happens. :fish1:

librarygirl said:
Well a bit more movement :)

Ammonia: 0.5 (down again from 1 last night)
Nitrite: 0 (ugh the purple continues to elude me, I want to pull my hair out. It's a vendetta now)
Nitrate: between 0 and 0.25 (not quite golden yellow, not quite orange)

I'm going to redose to 3-4 and see what happens. :fish1:

Awesome. Keep bumping the ammo up when it drops (I know you're afraid to, lol). I'm sure jeta's sponge was really well seeded, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some no3 climbing before you start seeing purple. Give it a pep talk to keep it moving! :)

Awesome. Keep bumping the ammo up when it drops (I know you're afraid to, lol). I'm sure jeta's sponge was really well seeded, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some no3 climbing before you start seeing purple. Give it a pep talk to keep it moving! :)

Don't think I don't. I literally beg it every day. I walk by it and say "please, PLEASE, PLEASE." :lol:

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
is it possible with jettas sponge you just skipped trites all together

Cycling at 4ppm, I'd be shocked if no2 never showed up at all. But as I said, I wouldn't be surprised to see nitrAtes rise first as the sponge constantly converts the ammo before the colonies really beef up.

Well I re-dosed and it only came out to 2 PPM, so I left it there for now. Is that good enough or should I bump it up more to 3-4? I know the higher I go the more bacteria should grow, right? Maybe I answered my own question....

Toward the end of my cycle, I had more luck dosing to 2 ppm. My nitrites would go sky high. But eventually cycled. Like Eco said, the sponges bacteria can vary! BTW, happy, happy July!

Toward the end of my cycle, I had more luck dosing to 2 ppm. My nitrites would go sky high. But eventually cycled. Like Eco said, the sponges bacteria can vary! BTW, happy, happy July!

Thanks! Well I don't think I'm even in the middle of my cycle yet lol Yeah it's July, been cycling tanks since April. Maybe by Christmas I'll have fish :lol:

I'm still watching this thread and hoping You'll start to see some results soon! I'll pray to the fish gods for you tonight!!

Thank you everyone!

Tonight, day 33:

Ammonia: 1 (down from 2 last night)
Nitrites: 0
NitrAtes: 5

So, at least some new colors tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom