Frustrated with API Liquid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shoolz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've just used the liquid API test kit for the first time and managed to get drops all over my hands and it burnt! I have little white spots developing where it touched the skin and I'm actually terrified :hide: Washed it off but still feels extremely dry! What a ridiculous cap they supply, you'd think with all the warning signs they'd make it safer to handle! I'm in a couple of weeks of cycling this tank and I tell you I'm ready to chuck it out the window. Husbands on my case too thinks I'm mad bringing in all these chemicals into the house first ammonia and now this API stuff and lord knows what's even in the ingredients. :ermm: This whole thing is not turning out to be fun anymore and not even going to mention how expensive it's getting! Anyone else ready to give up? Anyone know how to get rid of household ammonia and the API liquid?

Er, ammonia I would just use as a cleaner to get rid of it. Just never mix with bleach.

So what test touched your skin? Most should only be equivellent to getting bleach on you. Wash with detergent, rise routinely and the use some moisturizer.

It sounds like you are pushing too hard. Sometimes step back and relax and ask yourself what was the goal you had as a fish keeper? Where are you struggling.

I will say I don't like the api kit. Useful but people rush to it. It is not needed to be successful. Heck some dry tests are known as accurate and other liquid tests are easier.

So what help would you like to get back on track?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom