Getting things set up.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I got my final tank yesterday to fill the second dual 10G stand. Today I set up the tanks, not all have water though. Going to wait til next weekend to paint the backs of the tanks. The fry tank will be the toughest, as it's got babies and want to be as careful as possible. A second tank also has water in it, with Eco and a couple plants. But it won't be so bad. Then the other 2 are empty. Won't put water in until the backs are done.

As for the tanks, the planted tank was under the fry tank so I had to empty most of the water then refill, so the water is a little cloudy. But here's some of the pics....

10g98.jpg

10g99.jpg

10g100.jpg

10g101.jpg

10g102.jpg

I had a pair of 10 gallons one time with some air pumps. In one of the tanks I put some Black Neons in along with some Java Moss. I wasn't planning on it, but a couple of months later there were babys! I think about 25 of them survived and it was really neat.

Ahhhh! I spy an air bubble disk: boy did I have a nightmare with one of those the first time I bought one. There's me thinking a ton of gravel on top and the weight of water would keep the bugger down....ohhhhhh no! lol. You might need some selotape on hand to tape the airline tight to the tank side :p (worked a treat for me) :D

Those bottom tanks are going to be my breeder tanks, glass bottom, sponge filters, and a heater. No gravel in them. And the upper 2 will have Eco Complete and fully planted.

Also, you see my new heater/filter/pump/aerator combo unit in the pic right above the last one? That's the 250 model.

So what are you going to breed in those tanks?

I always used real Java Moss and pea gravel. The eggs that don't stick to the moss, will fall in between the gravel. The survival rate seemed to be higher then in a empty tank. Not only that, but the little guys have a place to hide when "Jaws" comes around the corner....

GBR's..

GBR's don't lay eggs in java moss. They use either a flat top on a rock or a pit they dig in the gravel.

Those are pretty cool!

Now I don't know if I have been asleep all of my life, but I don't ever remember seeing a Roseline. I will have to look them up in my book tomorrow. How common are these fish in your state? I have never seen them in Georgia or Texas since I have been in this hobby for 20 years.

Thanks again and I look forward to researching the Roseline.

very nice et ups Jeff, I love those type of sponge filer your using, I had two and they got te by my buddies dog one dy while i had them out on the counter cleaning them nd hve never found them gain here. My GBR female layed her frist eggs just last night and they are now in a hatchery, I have just plced order for the frist prototype of my breding tank with a local company in Lubbock,Tx. I can't wait to get them and plce one on here to sell. I feel like a kid witing on Christmas. LOL

Back
Top Bottom