Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Goldfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have 8 goldfish in a 10 gal tank but i dont know how long they grow? can anybody tell me :/

8Goldfish said:
i have 8 goldfish in a 10 gal tank but i dont know how long they grow? can anybody tell me :/

Wow. That's way over stocked! One goldfish alone don't belong in a 10g. Common goldfish can grow up to 18inches if not over and fancy goldfish can get up to 10inches. These are numbers from my head. But should be around there. One goldfish needs about 20gallon and 10 g for every other ... Meaning for u, u will need a 90 gallon at least. So my advice to u is rehome them or buy a bigger tank!

their common but i think their doing great in my 10 gal tank. my bigger goldfish is like 2 inch and my smallest one is like 1 inch

They are not doing great, they are living (so far). This will not last long in that size tank. With commons you are looking at a tank that is at least 125 gallons, ideally a 180 or more or a pond.

What you are doing is like taking ten oscars and keeping them in a ten, there is no way it will last.

Until you upgrade or find them a better home you need to do very frequent water changes and make the upgrade your top priority.

Whoa whoa whoa! That's way too many goldfish in there! I'd suggest you upgrade to a twenty (if you can get one) and keep a goldfish, otherwise return them all.

Sorry if these are not the responses you were looking for, but I have to agree that 10 gallons is insufficient. Most fish grow fairly rapidly, so space will be an issue faster than you may realize.
I recently inherited a 10 gallon tank that had 2 common goldies in it. When their former owner bought them, they were tiny, but they quickly grew to 6 inches a piece. I gave them away to my lfs.

Back
Top Bottom