Gourami tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta_Fish_13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to keep gouramis and danios/tetras in a 10 gallon aquarium. I want to know what supplies, besides the tank, that I need and what kind of danios or tetras to put in with them. I want to have 1 dwarf gourami, a blue paradise gourami, and a gold or opaline gourami. I also want some kind of an algae eater to keep algae at bay.

I want to keep gouramis and danios/tetras in a 10 gallon aquarium. I want to know what supplies, besides the tank, that I need and what kind of danios or tetras to put in with them. I want to have 1 dwarf gourami, a blue paradise gourami, and a gold or opaline gourami. I also want some kind of an algae eater to keep algae at bay.

You should really only keep one single gourami per tank. They tend to be very aggressive towards each other and you will eventually end up with just one. On top of that the only one that would really work out in a 10g is a dwarf gourami since the other types get far too large for that size of tank.

I would recommend a dwarf gourami and a small school of neon tetras for your tank and call it quits after that. I would also skip out on an algae eater fish because all but oto cats get too large for an aquarium thqt size. Oto cats also tend to be very fragile and need to be added to a mature tank.

If you do get 1 gourami look at the sunset honey dwarf gourami I really like them.

Back
Top Bottom