heater for 90 gal tank - eheim jager300w

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so I bought a new heater for my 90 gallon tank - the old one was just not able to keep the tank warm enough. now I have the opposite problem. this one will heat up my tank, but I can't seem to make it stop. I have resorted to unplugging it to make sure my tank is not too hot.
I think i might need some help. is this too strong for the tank? am I using the dial settings on the thermometer correctly? is the light supposed to go off when it is not heating the tank? shouldn't it quit heating? is it possible I have a damaged product?

please - any help! I am not sure what to do now with my tank and my heater!

previously I had a marineland (visa therm) 300w heater

From my experience, the light should turn off when not heating. If it is not then it sounds like you have a bad heater, or need to try turned then therm down. Otherwise return it and get a different model. 300w should be the perfect size for a 90gallon tank.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I myself am using a viaaqua 100w for my 29g and it works perfectly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine seems to stay on almost constantly but temperature stays on high 70s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did you allow the new heater to adjust to the water temp before you plugged it in? I've been using the 300w jager heaters for several years, no worries with them shutting off properly. A couple do show condensation inside the glass, but according to the manufacturer (someone had posted about that on another forum and e-mailed them about it) sometimes oil remains inside the glass, and shouldn't be any problem.

well, I am trying again. I unplugged the heater all last night and plugged the old one in. this morning i unplugged the old one and plugged the new jager back in. it has been in the tank this whole time so it should be plenty adjusted. it is heating the tank back up... i'll see if it will stop.

Back
Top Bottom