Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queenie11

Aquarium Advice Activist
:fish1:Hey so I'm am setting up a 20 gallon tank. I have no clue what I want to put in it except I know I want a cobalt blue lobster. I have made a list of fish and inverts eyes I find interesting. I know that I can't have all of them but I need you all to tell me what doesnt go with what and how many I need of each if they dont fit in the tank and everything I will type the fish and later I will put the temprature, kh, and ph:fish2:

Dwarf African frog
Freshwater clam
Ghoast shrimp
Nerita snail
American flagfish
Glofish
Chinese algae eater
Silver Apollo shark
Marble lyretail Molly
Assorted Micky mouse platys
Blue Micky mouse platys
Topsail platy
Painted platy
Pineapple platy
Tiger ruby platy (I seem to like platys:whistle:)
X-ray pristella tetra
Ghost glass cat
Ruby red pencilfish
Badis

:thanks:

:fish1:Hey so I'm am setting up a 20 gallon tank. I have no clue what I want to put in it except I know I want a cobalt blue lobster. I have made a list of fish and inverts eyes I find interesting. I know that I can't have all of them but I need you all to tell me what doesnt go with what and how many I need of each if they dont fit in the tank and everything I will type the fish and later I will put the temprature, kh, and ph:fish2:

Dwarf African frog
Freshwater clam
Ghoast shrimp
Nerita snail
American flagfish
Glofish
Chinese algae eater
Silver Apollo shark
Marble lyretail Molly
Assorted Micky mouse platys
Blue Micky mouse platys
Topsail platy
Painted platy
Pineapple platy
Tiger ruby platy (I seem to like platys:whistle:)
X-ray pristella tetra
Ghost glass cat
Ruby red pencilfish
Badis

:thanks:
Unfortunately I don't think any of those fish can be kept with a lobster...
The algae eater, shark and glass cat all need bigger tanks that a twenty gallon. All the tetras need schools. If you were planning on platies only one or two.

Oh ok then to bad. Maybe I get get, another tank later. Anything else?

Aqua advisor( just do a search for it) is always a nice tool to help plan out a new tank. Its not always 100% accurate of course so always research everything.

Ok so I'm thinking 3 glofish 3 xray tetras 1 a flagfish 1 clam 2 snails 2 shrimp and 1 blue Micky 1 pineapple what do u think?

The tetras should be in schools. So should the glofish. I think the freshwater clam needs a whole setup on it's own I believe because it has special requirements.

Well how big is a school? I thought glofish were a type of tetra? Couldn't they form a school?

No, two entirely different species of fish. Pristella tetras (aka x-rays) should have a school of six or seven and glofish should have a school of six. Depending on how long the tank is you couldn't get the glofish either as there would be no swim room. So no, they won't form a school.

What about a gold algae eater? Would one fit in? Do you have any fish suggestions? Any algae eaters?

Also be aware that platys guppies mollys endlers, well all live bearing fish basically, reproduce like rabbits! Seriously every 30 days or so they can have anywhere from 1-100 fry. So that 20g could get crowded real quick.

So the glofish is at most 2 and a half the xray is at most 2 inches

Well I'm plan on get 2 different kinds if platys and only one of each also the website I'm looking at says that the gold and the Chinese only need 20...hmmm also it hinted that clam would be ok with fish. Just not with some copper ting...let me see

Back
Top Bottom