HELP - I am new to Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua1234

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, please could someone kindly offer some advice?

Tank Spec: Aqua One Panoramic 30 Litre freshwater, heated to 26c, filter with bio noodles.

I set up my first freshwater aquarium on the 18th August 2014, i filled the tank with tap water and treated it with Tretra Aquasafe and left the tank running for a week without any fish. I then introduced too many fish at once (2 neon tetra, 2 gullies, and 2 other fish + 3 bottom feeders) I was advised that the bottom feeders don't count by the shop and it will be fine. It wasn't they all died apart from 2. I did daily 10-15% water changes using the tetra aquasafe and monitored the water using a API master test kit (test results attached from Aquarimate app).

I have slowly introduced more fish over the last 2 weeks (13 various small tetras) which seem to be doing just fine but my Nitrite still reads 0.25, ammonia is 0 after a 50% water change..

Is it just the case that my tank is still cycling? can i do anything to reduce the Nitrite to 0?

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Craig

Attachments

• 1410027872288.jpg
    1410027872288.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC01583.jpg
    DSC01583.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 52
Your tank is still cycling which is pretty normal for being two weeks into a cycle. Your nitrites should fall on their own over time. Just keep an eye on your ammonia and nitrite and do water changes as needed.

Back
Top Bottom