Hood light with 2 separate bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bandita

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I read in another blog about a person who had a tank with 2 bulbs, 1 clear, 1 dark blue, and a switch where he could turn on either one. Does anyone know what brand that is and where I can find it? I'd like two 24" inch hoods (for my 50 gallon tank). I know the fish and plants like the regular light, but I'd like to occasionally use the dark blue light. I'm interested in getting the volcano bubble maker, which looks really neat in the blue light.

If I'm not mistaken, Marineland makes that day/night hood with the blue lighting the OP mentioned; I had my eye on that as well, as it seems cool to run the blue light at night....don't know if I will get around to getting it, but just wanted to throw it out there for the OP.

Thanks for all the advice! I ended up getting the MarineLand. It gives just the look I was going after, especially with my volcano bubble-maker. And best of all, my fish seem so relaxed with it. I was wrong with my comment "I know that fish and plants prefer the regular light..." Now I think fish tend to like what their owners like. I've never liked bright, indoor lights, but I do like natural sunlight. My fish are the same. They seem so at peace during the day when the sunlight shines through the aquarium, and also in the evening with the blue light. On the contrary, they're frantic with the bright light setting so I never use it.

I really want the Marineland day/night hoods; are the lights really that good?

Marineland lights

I got 2 Marineland ML Double-Bright LED lights, 18"-24" about a month ago. So far, I'm very pleased with it. I probably should have got the 24"-36" though. My tank is 48" and my light attachments are only around 18" each, so I have the extension bars out on each end to fit on my tank perfectly. At first, I was concerned that the middle of the tank wouldn't have as much light, but I don't notice that issue. Light still looks evenly disbursed.

Back
Top Bottom