I'm back...LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Umberle

Aquarium Advice Freak
After a somewhat long and tragic break, I have returned...or rather the bug bit me again. I left because my fiancee and I broke up and I had to move out rapidly. Downside, I had to tear down the tank. Upside, I found a new parent for my fishies who's taken very good care of them and as done marvalous things with the tank.

So anyway, I'm going to set up a new 29 gallon in a couple of weeks and start the cycling. I don't think I'm going to do much in the way of live plants this time around.

I know I want a pair of dwarf Gouramis again but I'm unsure about the rest....any suggestions?

sorry to hear about you an your fiancee and that you had to tear down your tanks.

Dwarf gouramis eh, that should be nice. If you get a male and female they can become agressive during spawning.

Persoanlly i would recommend getting just one but it all depends on the personality of the fish.

I would also go with a nice schooling fish. Maybe some Harlequin rasboras or some type of tetra.

So here is what i would do

6xschooling fish(that stays under 2")
1 or 2x dwarf gouramis
4x khuli loaches
3x otos

How does that sound? that will be about 27 inches of fish, you could add more to the school if you would like.

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear that things went south with your fiancee, that being said, I like Waterponds suggestion but I have an affinity for dwarf pleco's. I would substitute a couple bristlenose's for the loaches.

Thank you for your condolences. These things happen and life goes on. I'm just happy I found a good home for my fish.

My first tank was

2 dwarf gourami
6 harliquin rasboras
3 panda corys
1 random rescue betta (who didn't last very long, poor thing)

The gourami's did spawn about 3 times, I ended up giving the little guys away on a regular basis. While they did get a little aggressive, it was a very heavily planted tank so every body got along pretty well with plenty of places to hide.

What do y'all think about neons instead of rasboras? I worry about neon disease but I don't know how common it really is and I don't know anything about either plecos or loaches or how they compare? I've heard good things about otos though.

Back
Top Bottom