Lettuce for glo-fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_Fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi i have a Fluval Edge 6 gallon with 4 glo-fish danios and i want to feed them lettuce.1. Can i do this? Should i just put a leaf in and let it sink to the bottom? 2.How long do zebra danios usually live? 3.Also what kinds of rocks can i put in my tank?4. Can i use glue? Thanks so much sorry for all the questions

Plz no comments about tank size i can't get a bigger one now

Unfortunately you're probably going to catch flak on tank size.. Glo fish are a touchy subject as it is.. Stick em in a tiny tank... Oooo boy, I wouldn't add much deco's so they have max swim room...

i didn't think glofish ate lettuce? mine will nibble the piece I put in for snails but just out of curiosity. not to eat.
edit: my zebra danios- not glofish but similar :)

Well what other options are there other than flakes??

Feeding lettuce vs fresh callaloo (aka amaranth)

Hello, I currently have:

1 white cloud mountain minnow (rescue)
3 flame tetras (rescue)
7 glowlight tetras

If I recall correctly when I was reading, all these breeds of fish are omnivores and will generally eat fish food, snacking on algae wafers, and vegetables you may put into the tank (but generally leave live plants alone). If they may eat lettuce (I haven't tried yet), do you think they will eat Callaloo?

I have some fresh callaloo as it's called in Jamiaca, or Amaranth as it usually goes by, growing in my garden. We planted it last spring from seed.:dance: I never use any pesticides, and organic soil and organic compost materials occasionally (such as wood, eggs shells, coffee, ash) without chemical fertilizers.(y)

I should probably try lettuce first, so I guess this is more of a theoretical question :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom