Mechanical filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connor31556

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys I have recently come down with MTS and have just bought a 5 gallon rimless aq. I'm currently cycling it and adding cycled filtration to the filter but when looking at the filter (picture below) i dont know if I can put a bio bag on the right side as it is not inline with the filter intake and out take. If I put a boi bag on the right will it add to the filtration power of this filter or will it just take up space?JPEG_20210123_192729_3423376898142181628.jpg

I can't really tell in that pic, but I guess it really all boils down to the water flow. If any media is in the water flow or current then it'll help. Remember tho, that water always takes the path of least resistance

Great information above @charliebankston. Beneficial bacteria need two things, fast water movement and media that the water can move through easily the media, not around or that can clog quickly. Any HOB can be set up really well by just replacing everything inside with simple plastic pot scrubbies, as many that will fit. Clean quickly under water for about 5 seconds every 6+ months or more. All that brown 'gunk' is your BB that needs to be preserved to get clear water.

Great information above @charliebankston. Beneficial bacteria need two things, fast water movement and media that the water can move through easily the media, not around or that can clog quickly. Any HOB can be set up really well by just replacing everything inside with simple plastic pot scrubbies, as many that will fit. Clean quickly under water for about 5 seconds every 6+ months or more. All that brown 'gunk' is your BB that needs to be preserved to get clear water.
[emoji106][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom