My first water test... heres the results...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dertyharry420

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 tanks one 5 gallone and one 10 gallon i finally purchased a test kit from jungle labs. and heres the results...

10Gallon
--------------
Nitrate : 20
Nitrite : .5
GH : 300
Alkaline : 180
Ph 7.8

5Gallon
------------
Nitrate : 40
Nitrite : 0
GH : 300
Alkaline : 300
PH: 7.8

are these safe levels..? i have fish in both tanks but i just got fish for my 10 gallon today....and just added alittle more quick cure and start right...

and just added alittle more quick cure and start right...
What are your fish suffering from?

Nitrates are usually tolerated to 40ppm. Nitrite should be undectable--time for a water change! Where is the ammonia readings? Are you using different sources for water, I am wondering why the alkaline readings are different.

my fish are fine..its just i was wondering how they looked...it was my first test on the tanks..i was prolly wondering on conditions for my plants..

How long has the 10g been set up and what fish are in there? In an established tank there should be no nitrite detectable.
Having nitrite in the tank is probably harmless to your plants but I would be concerned about the health of your fish.

i dunno i usaually use it on my water changes or when i add fish..? i have 4 neon tetras and 3 colored guppies and a plec and some ghost shrimp ive been letting the tank run for like a month ..it has marine sand from carib sea in it though..

Honestly there is no reason that you need to add quick cure to your tank unless the fish need medicating. Adding meds unneccesarily leads to bacteria/illnesses that are resistant to medication. The only thing you need to be adding is a dechlorinator to your water when doing changes.

Back
Top Bottom