My New Tank Build- Endler's Livebearers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are my Endler's Livebearers! Aren't they beautiful? I found them in the feeder fish tank and had to save them for 29¢ a fish! Oh and we got a snail too!

Attachments

• image-3376646984.jpg
    image-3376646984.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image-284638073.jpg
    image-284638073.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 81
  • image-2626707280.jpg
    image-2626707280.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1553289277.jpg
    image-1553289277.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 68
Hi Aquakai, yes those are beautiful, and of all the luck to find some and steal them at that price. Guess I better check some of the shops around here that sell feeder guppies, who knows?

I know! I've read around that people had found them at pet stores in that section so I though that I'd check it out, and I found some. They don't have all their color yet but I hope that as the mature it will come out more. I'm hoping to go back there and get some females as well:) also FYI look in the 'varitus' tank because that where I found these, and they are definatly not platy.

Are those pure endlers? The tails on the first two pictures look like an endler/guppy mix to me. It might just be my computer though.

I'll check this weekend, I work nights, so can't do it before then, but will sure do some looking. Sure appreciate the advice though. Breeders have some beautiful fish, and prices to. but the fish are rare so I'll probably have to go that route.

Yeah the one for sure isn't a pure endler but one does look like a pure one, I don't have a picture of it though, to fast... One died last night:( We weren't here, I was camping with my family. Although they're not pure endlers at least my sister is happy:)

The purpose of the hobby is to have fun, and if she's a happy camper, that's all that's important, so enjoy.

The purpose of the hobby is to have fun, and if she's a happy camper, that's all that's important, so enjoy.

Lol happy camper! We were camping too! And I agree to thee happiness of the hobby. I get to put up a 12ish gallon tank in my room so there'll probably be pure endlers in there.

That's just really nice. Most of my tanks are small in the 10 g range, one 20g tank, but money isn't easy to come by. Thing is I love what I have and just flat love my livebearers and other smaller fish. Wish you luck with the new tank in your room.

Just an update on the endlers and such, all the endlers that we have (which equals 2) are going to go in a new 13 gallon tank with some RCS, and maybe another fish if I can figure another one out:) this is exciting!

Defiantly! I'm thinking around 10 endlers in there or less if I get another type of fish. I'm thinking about dwarf corydoras at the bottom. And a planted tank. I've been looking at my empty 13 gallon and partially filled 55 gallon and have been dreaming almost all day:) I really cannot wait to get home from vacation to get some fishies! 13 days and counting! Not that I don't want to go to Disney, I just really want fish too!

Hey, I can relate to that,.......................I think, tho never had more than a couple of days of vacation myself. ten endlers would be really nice, and if ya can raise a few extra, I know someone who might buy a few from ya. You could also trade them for .................who knows by them. Wish you luck pal.

That's what I've been thinking about doing is breeding some, but then I'm scared that I'll get too many. So I'm thinking that if I limit some of the fish and keep some if different tanks it'll be fine. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom