need an opinion on bio-spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It can be good. I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of it working based on my experience and the opinion of most people here. The main thing is that it must have been kept cold from the time it was made until the time it reaches your tank.

It does work. Be sure it is refridgerated when you buy it and that you keep it cold until you use it. Check to see how old it is try to buy it when it is less than a month old. Add fish or a source of ammonia as soon as you add it or the bacteria will die from starvation.

Yup. It works most of the time. It's the only one of it's kind that actually does work, all the others are junk. And like what was said above, if it wasn't in the fridge the whole time it's already dead. And also to make sure to add fish or ammonia at the same time you put in the bio-spira.

All that was said, but I'm just giving a 3rd opinion! :)

-brent

I've used it twice with success. The first time was in my 10 gallon and it took about 5 days for the parameters to be perfect. Only the nitrites were a little high until then. The second time I used it in my 90 gallon planted tank and it was cycled immediately.

hmm...i'm not sure if any LFS around here carries it, and i was considering ordering it off the internet. i wonder how i could keep it cold if that's the case?

i'll call around here and see if anyone carries it

I used it a week ago and had very good results! I did have a slight ammonia spike that required a small water change, but I think it was due to buying the 30g packet vs the 90 for my 46 gallon tank. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again. I was told that a new person to the hobby shouldn't Biospira, but I feel that it was less stressful for me and I did read a lot and understood the cycle process. I tested morning and evening so my fish wouldn't suffer if things got wonky.

Back
Top Bottom