Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlc63

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
My granddaughter is the one with the aquarium, but since she's too young to take care of it herself, I am the one helping her. I, myself, have never had an aquarium, so I need all the help I can get.
When setting up the aquarium, it says to have the water room temperature. Is the optimal temperature 72 degrees or what?
Thank you!

It all depends on what type of fish you plan on stocking it with. Some require warmer water temps and some require cooler temps.

I never use a heater, but my house only gets down to 73 degrees in the winter and 79 in the summer. On average the temperature is 78. Anywhere between 72-82 is usually okay, but that depends on the fish, plants, and some other things.

She has 2 goldfish that started out real real small, but are getting big pretty quick. :) So, as I understand they are cold water fish, so I guess the temp. of the water around 72-74 degrees would be fine?

Also, don't just get a random heater in order to keep your temperature in equilibrium. Different size tanks require different wattage heaters to ensure that the head is both dispersed equally and that the tank doesn't overheat in the event of a hardware failure!

Back
Top Bottom