New 29g Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livelovelambs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Firstly, Happy Holidays too all :)

I currently have a 10g community tank and a 55g with an Oscar.
I just recieved a 29g tank and I'd like to set it up with some fish that are more active then the O and with some personality and flair to them. I was thinking along the lines of semi-agressive fish.

Could I possibly keep angelfish and firemouths together in this tank or would it be too small? Perhaps a breeding pair of firemouths?
I'm open to any suggestions at all and am looking forward to the ideas :) Thanks Guys.

1st: Merry Christmas to you too.

Don't have much exepeirence with oscars but my research says they should have a 70g tank at minnum to thrive in. Just lettin you know.

IMO a 29 gallon aquarium is too small for an angel.

Not going to give you advice on the firemouthes because i know nothing about them.

Check out this sight. www.liveaquaria.com/ They have a large variety of fish and they tell alot of info about the fish and they also sell fish. Oh and if you go to the right side of the screen you after you click on a type of fish you will see a little box to narrow your search. Just go to temperment scroll down till you see semiaggressive and then click on it and then all that will be left on your screen are the semiaggressive fish.

BTW: Welcome to the sight

Don't have much exepeirence with oscars but my research says they should have a 70g tank at minnum to thrive in. Just lettin you know.
My tiger O is only about 3 and 1/2" right now and he will be moved into a 75g. tank as soon as I find the right place to set it up. But thanks for the concern.

The site you referred is awesome, thanks so much. Im sure I'll be on it for hours trying to decide how to stock my new tank :D

Your welcome. Yes i know the sight is awsome it is my favorite fish sight other than this one. Glad to hear your oscar will get a nice home soon. If you want thenn tell us a few other ideas on stocking suggestions and im sure a bunch of us members will help you come up with a stocking list.

Back
Top Bottom