New member, waiting to deck out a 46g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANGAR

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a tank about to get a dope dirted aquascape. Live plants, schooling fish, couple of GBR. Definitely 1 angel.

For plants any ideas? Hittin up "Dustin's fish tank" from YouTube for plants, preferably easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What lighting fixture do you have?

All the low light plants I can think of at 2am :) -

Hornwort
Wisteria
Water sprite
Java moss
Java Fern
Amazon sword
Crypt parva
Dwarf sag
Anubias species
Vallisneria
Bacopa Caroliniana

Caleb

I have 1 2ft T8 haha, going to get something strong shortly. Thinkin about 3 2ft T5s or T8s

Yeah it looks bright but unless you want just Anubias and Java Fern then it's going to take more than that.

I have grown Anubias and Bacopa with a t8 bulb in a 30 inch tall tank but it's very slow.

Caleb

I see I see. Yeah I'm probably going to lowes in the next day or two. My problem is I am moving out shortly, so I don't wanna do all this aquascaping and plant purchasing and then move everything after a month.

Also, do you have any ideas on DIY substrate supports? I was wondering if cardboard would work because I've heard from like the green machine that degradable substrate supports work well, I've also heard corregated plastic does well.

Might as well forget about having both Angels and GBR.. Pick one or the other because they do not get along very well.

I keep them together in 2 different tanks without issue. Territory is key, buut OP already stated hes going heavily planted. Ive even had GBR and discus spawning in the same tank. Always look around here, too, for plants. Lots of very knowledgable plant people here. Many sell stuff in the classifieds section.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I keep them together in 2 different tanks without issue. Territory is key, buut OP already stated hes going heavily planted. Ive even had GBR and discus spawning in the same tank. Always look around here, too, for plants. Lots of very knowledgable plant people here. Many sell stuff in the classifieds section.

Oh really? Did I see pay pal as a payment method??
And also I angel and a few GBR in 46G with a few other species. Does that sound possible??

Depends on the seller, but 99% of time paypal is preferred. Yes i think 1 angel and a cpl of rams would do just fine. I commonly sell angels, and plants, and lits of other fish here. Great community to work with. Good people, and good deals.

Back
Top Bottom