New set-up, rushed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropicalswiss

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, so i got my first tank (since when i was 6 and had a red fish), a tetra evolution whatnot 100L (26 gallons) basically i was gonna do it proper, i've been reading up for a couple of months about tetras and neocardinia, but fish in switzerland are crazy expansive and the shop had a 50% sale, long story short, i bought 15 neon tetras but my tank barely had time to cycle (1 week) it must be said i used both safe start and bactozyme from tetra (i had no spikes, put a tiny amount of food for the bacteria, and have soil under the gravel), and they (tetra the brand) say i could do it the same day, one of my friend said that he did so with guppies with no problems, but i am still worried about the tank being stable (it was with no fishes), i only have 2 plants and im waiting for the others but its not gonna happen until next week should i worry about oxigen for my beautiful fishes or not? My bubbler and 2 sponge filters are also late so thats what worries me the most. I cant find where i wrote down the results of the drop test yesterday but im checking 2-3 times a day with the strips as a guideline/early warning, as soon as i find the paper ill write them here or just take another test this evening (6hours or so).. do you guys think im in for trouble?

Update:

So i just got home and i really have to shower and eat afterwards ill do a proper test in the meantime tetra 6in1 strips says:

No3 ~15
No2 ~0
Gh ~8d
Kh ~8d
Ph ~7.5
Cl2 0

Im thinking 20% water change?

I gave up finding the post it lol

Edit: given that they have been in there for just an afternoon they seem rather happy? Its my understanding they should be schooling from the trauma of the car ride/new water? They seem all over the place playing catch?

https://vimeo.com/224502329

Last edited:
Well it goes without saying i already have a filter, it came with the aquarium its an tetratec easy crystal 600, which im already planning to change to a tetra ex 800 plus next month, for both aestethic reasons and more flow, i also have moss in there.

So i just got home and i really have to shower and eat afterwards ill do a proper test in the meantime tetra 6in1 strips says:

No3 ~15
No2 ~0
Gh ~8d
Kh ~8d
Ph ~7.5
Cl2 0

Im thinking 20% water change?

I gave up finding the post it lol

given that they have been in there for just an afternoon they seem rather happy? Its my understanding they should be schooling from the trauma of the car ride/new water? They seem all over the place playing catch?

https://vimeo.com/224502329

Last edited:
Do you have the ability to test ammonia? your test strips aren't reading ammonia so if you aren't able to test it you might have it building in your tank...

Back
Top Bottom