New tank - newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baldrics slug

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just introduced 6 danios into a new tank. They are going mad swimming backwards and forwards through the bubbles produced by the aerator - particularly the zebra danios (the other three are pearl danios). They are also swimming around the remainder of the tank. Does this mean they are starved of oxygen and have to swim through the bubbles? They do not look distressed in any way. Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure if it means they are starved of oxygen or not, but I know that my zebra danios are very spastic and always zooming around the tank whether it's through the bubbles or not and I have plenty of aeration in my tank. Yours might just be doing the same. I hope that helps! :)

I have just introduced 6 danios into a new tank. They are going mad swimming backwards and forwards through the bubbles produced by the aerator - particularly the zebra danios (the other three are pearl danios). They are also swimming around the remainder of the tank. Does this mean they are starved of oxygen and have to swim through the bubbles? They do not look distressed in any way. Thanks for any help.

Pretty sure that's just in danios nature... They are super active!

Back
Top Bottom