Nitrate and Hard water issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catjens

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please urgent advice on what I can do to improve my water quality because after testing the results of the Nitrogen dioxide and Nitrate were not so good and the GH was terrible. Will my fishes die?
Thanks.

Hello Cat...

Don't worry about the pH, hardness or any of that stuff. Your fish will adapt to the tap water. You'll need to use a product that removes the chemicals the water people put into the tap to make it safe to drink. Seachem has a product called "Safe" that's very good.

You can keep the water safe for your fish by changing half of it every one to two weeks. This will keep the toxins out of the water. Put some floating plants in the tank. Common water weed and Pennywort are natural water filters and good food for your fish.

B

Im literally like 1 week into my first tank, but all the fine people here on this website taught me live plants will reduce nitrate, my ph is pretty high also, but everyone said its ok, but consider some live plants to eat up some of that nitrate, plus u might enjoy how they look in your tank, i know im a big fan of the anubius species of plant

Please urgent advice on what I can do to improve my water quality because after testing the results of the Nitrogen dioxide and Nitrate were not so good and the GH was terrible. Will my fishes die?
Thanks.

Partial water changes will take care of your water quality. Can you post your test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrAte and ph? With a little more specific information we can offer more useful advice :)

Back
Top Bottom