The 25w lights are incandescent tubes? Give off a yellowish color? What is the temp in your tank?
Do a few large water changes over the next few days to get the algae and nitrates under control. If they are incandescent lights, likely it is not quite like 50w of CF
or other flouresent lighting. The K
rating is very very low, and unusable light to most plants...but not algaes.
What kind of livestock do you have? How many fish and what kinds? Adding anything to the tank? What are you feeding and how much and how often?