On to a bigger tank at home, at least 20 gallon. Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

da9k1ne

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I decided i'm going to get at least a 20 gallon tank this weekend and set it up for my family at home while im at college.

My mom is going to look where she wants it today, and i'll get the biggest tank I can for the space.

We'll start easy and say I end up with a 20 gallon, becuase I can always add more fish if i get a bigger one.

The tank will have various artificial plants, some river rocks, and probably a piece of driftwood.

Can you guys suggest me all of the fish I should put in there? I stocked a 10 gallon here at school before I found this site and made alot of mistakes, so I'd like opinions.

I'd like colorful fish, schooling fish, and anything that looks great really!

Thanks!

I'm assuming tropical fish are what you're after?

Rummynose tetras, Harlequin rasboras, some dwarf corydoras are good ideas and some favorites of mine. Oh, Furcata rainbows too, gorgeous fish if you can find them.

Gold barbs, rasboras, white cloud minnows, serpae tetras, von rio tetras, neons/cardinal tetras, diamond tetras and rosy barbs. The are the colorful ones I can think of off the top of my head that are good community fish.

thank guys, i'll look into all of those.

what fish should i get for the "centerpeice"? some type of gourami? or could i get an angel in a 20 gallon? (i think it might be too small for an angel)

Back
Top Bottom