petco betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gubernaculum86

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up a gorgeous white betta for my 5 gal planted tank. However, petco bettas come in plastic tubs, how do you go about acclimating them in the tub, could I pour him into a ziplock baggie and use that to acclimate him?

If you have a shallow dish out some of the tank water in there and then put the tub in thev hallow dish

Aaawwww! I want a white betta! The ones in the pet stores around me are not true white and I am wary to buy one online for more money site unseen. Can ya post a pic?

I'll work on a pic. iPhone isn't letting me upload pictures for some reason. I was really surprised to see him. I have never seen an all white Betta before. Normally the white ones are colored bettas that lose their color bc they are sick. But he seems healthy so fingers crossed

Hubert90 said:
Wow he looks so magestic!! Love it. Btw what's a petco Betta? Is it a breed

Petco bettas are bettas that were sold in petco. They do have a king Betta, that is larger. But this I think is just a regular.

Oops, if you saw my part about pics, that was my half asleep brain talking. I didn't see the picture. Sorry.

The tub he came in says he's a Delta Tail. I was debating if I wanted a Betta in the tank but when I saw him I couldn't resist.

Gubernaculum86 said:
The tub he came in says he's a Delta Tail. I was debating if I wanted a Betta in the tank but when I saw him I couldn't resist.

Yeah. He's just a regular Betta. A beautiful Betta. The delta tails look cool. My absolute favorites are half-moons.

They had a half-moon that was red and teal his tail was huge. Really pretty. It was a toss up between to 2 of them but I went with the white bc I've never seen one.

Gubernaculum86 said:
They had a half-moon that was red and teal his tail was huge. Really pretty. It was a toss up between to 2 of them but I went with the white bc I've never seen one.

Too bad you didn't have room for both.

Lol I know! Unfortunately I'm already out of room for any more tanks, with my 55 gal Sw in my room. Plus my parents just roll their eyes when I talk about getting more tanks. Lol

Gubernaculum86 said:
Lol I know! Unfortunately I'm already out of room for any more tanks, with my 55 gal Sw in my room. Plus my parents just roll their eyes when I talk about getting more tanks. Lol

Ditto that!! Haha I want to buy a 100gallon but my parents are the ones stopping me :(

Back
Top Bottom