Plants/Schooling fish to add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ravynnm

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wondering what plants/schooling fish i can add to my 30g tank. Right in the front is a anubias plant i just got today. Got a fluorescent light too, once that burns out, i'm getting LEDs.

a3i89v.jpg

Looking to replace the fake plants around the tank with real ones in between the cycling process.

My LPS will order any fish/plants for me if they don't have it in. I'm really interested in getting schools of fish, like tetra's, zebra danios, etc.

How many of these fish can i get in a 30g? I'm going to invest in cory cats/a small pleco, or just an extra filter for more filtration as well. My filter doesn't have a very fast flow, so that's why.

Looked for some black sand and 3 pet stores didn't sell any sand at all. Looks like i'm either going with black gravel or tinier grains of gravel that are brown/gray.

Also my tap water's pH is around 7.4 so if i got these small fish, what's the pH needed? In my 20g i don't mess with it because i have a cichlid.

So, suggestions?

I would suggest a bristle nose pleco, they are great algae eaters and stay small enough for a 30 gallon.

You could easily do a couple of schools of any of the fish you described. A good school is 8-10 in my opinion. I would say a nice school of cories and a couple more of tetras or danios would be very nice.

Looking at 6 male cherry barbs, 6 zebra danios and a bristlenose.

Love the vibrant color of the male cherries. I'd love to keep 2 female bristlenose... gotta look up on sexing for them.

Alright, i think i made up my mind. 6 male cherry barbs, 6 zebra danios, 2 bristlenose plecos :)

Back
Top Bottom