Possible tank stock groups - what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonsparks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!
Based on research and advice from here - I've come up with a couple of potential groupings for both my 90 and 30 gallon tanks. I'd appreciate some advice - namely, are these groups possible? Is it too much for the tank? Can I add more fish to any of these groups? What won't work? What changes would you make? etc, etc....

Grouping 1 - 90 gallon tank
1 Veil Angelfish
1 Acei or Blue Johanni Cichlid (any thoughts on which type might be better?)
1 synodontis Eupterus catfish
1 dario botia Loach
1 school boesemani rainbows (6 fish min.)
1 African butterfly fish
2 Rope fish

Total : 13 fish

Grouping 2 - 90 gallon tank
6-7 varieties of African Cichlid

Grouping 3 - 90 gallon tank
1 synodontis catfish
4 boesemani rainbows
4 red irian rainbows
6 neon tetras
4 hi fin platy's
4 topsail platy's
2 korthausae killifish
2 golden dream killifish
2 Ram's

Total: 25 fish

Grouping 1 - 30 gallon tank
1 Betta
8 Neon Tetras
1 Badis
2-4 dwarf Gourami's

Again - any thoughts or opinions on these groupings or on if these fish will work together would be fantastic - my preference for the 90 gallon is the first grouping, but I do like some of the smaller fish types, I just don't think many of them can be in a tank with some of the larger fish - however, please let me know what is possible.

Thank you!

Hopefully, based on your feedback, I will be able to start stocking my tanks in the next two to three weeks - depending on how the cycling goes (I'm in week one of fishless cycling)

Group 1 would not work... at least not with an african in the mix.

Group 2 is my pick... though I think if you stock properly, you'll only be able to have 4-5 different africans (going with a 1m, 3-5 females).

No. They largely have different dietary and water parameter requirements. SA or Asian fish shouldn't be kept with African rift lake fish.

Ok - what about the other fish types in that group - can they be kept together?

And what do you think about the list for the 30 gallon tank?

And would a new world cichlid work in its place?? Or should I just forget about that group completely - and are there too many fish??

So many questions!! Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom