Product for removing ammonia from tap water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just did a baseline ammonia test on my tap water as I'm having a bit of an issue in my tank. It's at 2.0ppm! That's before dechlorinization! My water changes are not helping my fish. Just called the LFS to have me 15 gallons ready tomorrow but that's gonna get expensive. Does anyone have a recommendation for a product I can use to treat my tap water?

blert said:
Just did a baseline ammonia test on my tap water as I'm having a bit of an issue in my tank. It's at 2.0ppm! That's before dechlorinization! My water changes are not helping my fish. Just called the LFS to have me 15 gallons ready tomorrow but that's gonna get expensive. Does anyone have a recommendation for a product I can use to treat my tap water?

Wow you're lucky, I teated my tap not too long ago and it was 4. I would double dose the recommened dosage just to be on the safe side.

alex07 said:
Wow you're lucky, I teated my tap not too long ago and it was 4. I would double dose the recommened dosage just to be on the safe side.

Sorry I meant I tested my tap water

alex07 said:

That is high, wow. I didn't bother to test after dechlorinization as I didn't want to be ticked off at seeing it double, or more, after that.
Found a LFS that carries the Seachem Prime so I'll be off to pick up a bottle shortly.

blert said:
That is high, wow. I didn't bother to test after dechlorinization as I didn't want to be ticked off at seeing it double, or more, after that.
Found a LFS that carries the Seachem Prime so I'll be off to pick up a bottle shortly.

Yes after the double dosage of prime i let it sit for a couple of hrs tested it again and it was .25

Back
Top Bottom