QUICK! Good sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
How's this sand for a planted tank?

Attachments

• image-2710183438.jpg
    image-2710183438.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 67
Lmfao ok thanks. I was running around looking for all the types of sand. Thanks

I bought some play sand at walmart. It's a very nice color, and depending on how big your tank is that you're putting it in, you could only need one bag. ($2.98) I found this a very pleasant alternative to 2 bags of $12 gravel for my 30 gallon:)

I bought my play sand at Home Depot for less than $4 for 40 lbs. They also have pool filter sand and I have heard you can get black sand blasting sand at Tractor Supply but it really need to be washed well.

I picked up a 40lb bag of black blasting sand for $9 yesterday at tractor supply co. I'm going to be seeing first hand how much washing needs to be done a little later today. It looks really nice, though.

I found with the black blasting sand, that if you pour it back and forth between two containers, and let the wind blow some of the dust away, it helps. Then, wash it in small quantities.

caution with some of those blasting sand i use it at work and wear a mask do to it containing silicas..but look awsome in a tank

abstract373 said:
caution with some of those blasting sand i use it at work and wear a mask do to it containing silicas..but look awsome in a tank

Agreed. Wish I had a mask right now... Pulling my shirt over my mouth and nose didn't work as well as it could have and I'm getting a headache from the dust.

Back
Top Bottom