Seeded media for my 10 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kay2lynnS

Aquarium Advice Regular
So along with my 55gal,( You can read all about here ) I am also upgrading my Betta into a 10gal. It is decorated and water is in. filter running and heater on.

My quick question is this: can I take some gravel or the fake plant from my already cycled 2gal that my Betta is in, and place it in the 10gal to jump-start the cycling? If I take some gravel I'll put it in a small glass bowl so it won't mix with my black sand. Will it be enough?

Kay2lynnS said:
So along with my 55gal,( You can read all about here ) I am also upgrading my Betta into a 10gal. It is decorated and water is in. filter running and heater on.

My quick question is this: can I take some gravel or the fake plant from my already cycled 2gal that my Betta is in, and place it in the 10gal to jump-start the cycling? If I take some gravel I'll put it in a small glass bowl so it won't mix with my black sand. Will it be enough?

I was asking the best way to seed from my 10 to my 55 once I get it up and running, and someone told me to take some gravel from my 10 and either mix it with the gravel for my 55 or hang it in a bio bag near the intake of my filter in the 55. I think it would be enough

If your 2g is cycled, just move either the old filter over to the 10g or move the media from the old filter to the new filter when you go to move the betta to his new tank.

Testing water for my 10gal. Great readings after the a little over a week (9 days). So pretty! Well on my way to my Bettas new home!

ForumRunner_20121012_170130.jpg

Ammonia at 0!! *HAPPY-DANCE* Nitrite very high! And Nitrate at about 20! If it keeps cycling this fast I'll be adding Mr.Finn in a week or so!

Kay2lynnS said:
Ammonia at 0!! *HAPPY-DANCE* Nitrite very high! And Nitrate at about 20! If it keeps cycling this fast I'll be adding Mr.Finn in a week or so!

Good for you! Your definitely on your way to being cycled!

Back
Top Bottom